It’s the time of year when the wildlife can come on the road. Here’s some tips on how to avoid wildlife while driving on our highways:
1. PREPARE YOUR VEHICLE
- Make sure your vehicle is optimized for you to see wildlife clearly.
- Check that your headlights are working and clear.
- Clean your windshield so that is visible as possible.
2. DRIVE SAFELY
Don’t drive over the speed limit. Give yourself time to make react should you see any dangers.
3. LOOK AHEAD
- Stay sharp and scan ahead to see signs of movement. Remove all distractions. When going through corners, slow your speed to see what comes on the other side.
4. KNOW DANGER TIMES AND PLACES
- Learn if the area you are driving is know to have a lot of wildlife.
- Wildlife are the most active at dawn, dusk, and night. Try to avoid driving then if it is possible.